Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Mantle

I'm not much of a mantle person.  Most of my time and attention has always gone towards decorating my trees.  But this year I decided to become a little  creative with our mantle.

This is my view all day long


It brings me great joy to gaze upon my new creation


I built it right on the spot - mostly from things I had around the house


Inspired by pictures on Pinterest

I started with two swags


Added greens, ribbon, and  more gold colored balls
Until I had the fullness I wanted

The rest of the mantle 


Santa in his sleigh pulled by eight reindeer


I love the Holy Family incorporated

I hope my mantle shouts joy


And of course my Christmas angel

I had so much fun creating that I'm already thinking about improvements for next year!





No comments:

Post a Comment