Monday, July 16, 2012

Christmas Cookies - Russian Teacakes

 

Another favorite Christmas cookie at our house, these cookies may also be known as Mexican Wedding Cakes. They hold a delicate sweetness that is addicting!

Russian Teacakes


1 c butter, softened
½ c sifted confectioner’s sugar
1 t vanilla
2 ¼ c flour
¼ t salt
¾ c finally chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix butter, sugar & vanilla.  Blend flour & salt; stir in.  Mix in nuts.  Chill 2-4 hours.

Roll in 1 inch balls.  Place on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake 10-12 min.

While warm, roll in confectioner’s sugar.  Repeat when cool.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... another one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I adore these cookies and am going to copy your recipe! Hope you'll pop over and see my Christmas post.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do so love them too! I can't wait to start on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom used to make these....
    Thanks for the memories!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are one of my favorite cookies at Christmastime! I didn't realize they were this easy to make so I'll be copying this recipe too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete