Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Christmas Cookies - Brown Sugar Hazelnut Rounds

Photo: Another cookie! 

Ok, they aren't round.  I told you I wasn't a baker and perfection is not my style!

Also, I wish I would have dusted the crumbs away before I took the shot.

They may not be pretty here but they are delicious!

Brown Sugar Hazelnut Rounds


½  c Vegetable Shortening
½ c Butter
1 ¼ c Brown Sugar
1 t Vanilla Extract
1 lg. Egg
2 ½ c Flour
½ t Baking Soda
¼ t Salt
¾ c Hazelnuts, chopped & toasted

Cream together shortening and butter.  Add about 1 c flour to the shortening mixture.  Add brown sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda & salt.  Beat thoroughly until combined, scraping sides of bowl on occasion.  Beat or stir in remaining flour and nuts.

On waxed paper, shape dough into two 10-inch rolls.  Lift & smooth the waxed paper to shape the roll.  Chill for 4-48 hours

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cut dough into ¼ inch slices.  Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are firm.  Cool on racks.

Notes:  I drizzle or frost melted milk chocolate on top of cookies after cooling.





2 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! They're definitely going on my list of goodies for this year. I'll let you know how they turn out when I bake them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so good - I know you will love them!

    ReplyDelete