Sunday, November 27, 2011

Advent

I arrived home from vacation just in time for Thanksgiving - and now the beginning of Advent is upon us.  Whew!  I haven't had much time to devote to making my house cheery and bright as of yet but I am blogging about the serious side Advent on my regular blog if you are interested.

That said, those who belong to liturgical churches can be rather rigid in their thoughts about Advent and Christmas.  Some do not put up a tree until Christmas Eve, some wait until then to start saying Merry Christmas -- it can be very controversial in some circles. 

I take my spiritual life very seriously BUT I do decorate as I can.  Decorating for the season brings me great joy.  It is mostly a solitary task now that my children are older so that I can pray and ponder as I work.   I love my home being cheerful and bright - as to welcome with joy and love family, friends, and even strangers who may come knocking.

You never know who you might be entertaining...

I want to be ready spiritually and  in this earthly presence.

What do you think? 





1 comment:

  1. Your words "You never know who you might be entertaining" makes me think of the Bible verse: Hebrews 13:2 NKJV
    "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Amy. I enjoy coming to your blog!

    Take care.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete